- Bereavement and Grief
- Colour Mirrors
- Eating Disorders
- Facelift Rejuvenating Massage
- Fear & Phobias
- Healthcare System
- Performance Anxiety
- Physical Pain
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder
- Relationship Issues
- Self-Esteem & Confidence
- Sports Performance
- Stop Smoking
- Weight Issues
I work with children of all ages on a number of issues including confidence, bullying, development, exam anxiety, generalised anxiety, fears and phobias and many other issues. My studio is a friendly and relaxing environment and children tend to love my Colour Mirrors bottles which this is a great way to get to know them and talk through issues without them feeling they are in ‘therapy’. All children are different (as with adults) so it is a case of working out what is the best way to work with each individual child.
Development, Behavioural, Postural Issues
If your child is having issues with areas of their development there may well be good reason for this due to unintegrated or activated primitive and postural reflexes. This is an area unknown to many practitioners and therapists.
We are all born with Primitive and Postural reflexes. These reflexes are movement patterns providing mind : body integration and are usually naturally integrated through movement and stimulation. There are many reasons why our reflexes do not become integrated, which can affect our physical, emotional, behavioural, social and academic potential throughout life. Therefore, they play a crucial role in how we progress through life and when unintegrated may present many issues.
Some of the issues which have been highlighted due to unintegrated reflexes includes:
- Asperger’s Syndrome.
- Digestive issues
- Vision / reading / writing difficulties
- Social interaction difficulties
- Postural issues
- Behavioural issues
- Balance and Co-ordination
- Difficulty sitting/standing still
- Emotional issues, including anger
- Concentration issues
- Poor short term memory
- Low tolerance to stress
The above are a few of the issues which can be related to unintegrated reflexes. You may also recognise some of these issues in yourself and the good news is that it is never too late to integrate your reflexes – whether a child or adult.
Here are some of my blog posts on childhood issues:
Please contact me for more information on how I can help you or your child.
– Sarah MartelI took my 10 1/2 year old daughter along to see Ann in desperation as she was panicking every time she had to sit any type of test at school and this was hardly ideal being that her 11+ was coming up. Ann was wonderful with her and taught her calming techniques and confidence building techniques which we have religiously carried out, whilst having her favourite song playing. The result my daughter came out of school on Tuesday after her 1st paper, smiling and full of confidence that she had done her best! Ann also helped her to confront her bullies at school and I now have a confident, smiling daughter and I can’t thank Ann enough for all her advice and help. Thanks Ann you are a Star!